- Wash, rinse, and put jars into boiling water for 10 minutes. Keep hot until filled. Prepare lids according to manufacturer 's directions.
- Sort, stem, and wash berries
(They should measure out to 5 cups). Put into 6-8 qt. pot and crush thoroughly.
- Stir in fruit pectin & add a 1/4cup of water
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in sugar. Continue stirring & bring to full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down) . Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat & skim off foam. Quickly ladle into hot jars. Leave a 1/4" space at the top. Use a clean damp cloth to wipe any spilled jam from rims and threads of jars. Cover with hot lids and tighten rings firmly.
- Set hot jars of jam on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water must cover jars by 1-2". Cover canner and return water to boil. Boil 5 minutes.
- Remove jars from canner & set them on a clean towel or rack to cool. Turn jars of jam several times as jam cools to keep fruit from floating.
- When jam is cool, check seals. Lids should be down in the center or stay down when pressed. Label, date, and store in cool, dark, dry plac. Unsealed jars should be refrigerated & used soon.