Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler
Short of serving store-bought ice cream, you won't find a simpler, more delicious dessert than this fruit cobbler. Use any juicy summer fruit: blueberries, peaches, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries. And if you use frozen berries, this dessert can be assembled in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 cups sliced peaches or whole berries of your choice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, and heat oven to 350.
- Put butter in an 8-inch square pan; set in oven to melt. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
- Whisk flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream or a small scoop of ice cream, if desired.